måndag 23 december 2013





It is the day before Christmas eve and I wanted to show you some Christmas goods. 

The black sculpted hat is typical for the 1940:s and 1950:s. To make it hold on to your head you don't need any good balance, but you do need hat pins. On the top picture you can see how the hat have a lining inside where you can stick the hat pin. It goes through the fabric, in your hairdo and then back out again. The tricky part is that you won't see what you are doing, but you will get used to it. And the positive thing is that hat pins are gorgeous little things! This one I got from my great grandmother Annie. You can see her here. (She was such a sucker for masquerades).

The hat was a Christmas present from my boyfriend, together with the dark velvet gloves. They are so smooth and thin. I would guess that they date back from the same period as the hat.

The dress is an actual ballet dress. I had a craving for it when I was 16, and I am still glad that I bought it!

Merry Christmas, for you who celebrate! 
And you who don't, have a great week!



Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar