måndag 12 maj 2014




This is a vintage dress brought in Paris. It is actually the only dress I bought there this time (most of the times I come home with like 2000 dresses). This time my interest in vintage items had shifted a bit though. When I was there earlier my interest were more in 1950:s-1970:s dresses; this time I am looking more at 1900:s-1930:s items. For instance I bought a beautiful perfume bottle from Guerlain, one of the most famous perfume companies in the world. It is from the 1920:s and it is an atomizer, so it has one of those puffs! I have to show it to you guys soon. It is adorable.

The items from the beginning of the century are of course often expensive. If something is a 100 years old, it is seen as an antique. However they are lovely and in Paris you can find a lot of them! If you haven't seen it before, click here and read and see more about the quirky antique markets in Paris.

This dress caught my eye in one of those busy vintage stores that you can only find in that city. You can see them on the street Rue de la Verrerie and around that neighborhood. It was cramped with people and you almost had to fight to see anything. But it is here that you can find the real bargains! My boyfriend find an awesome 1950:s leather jacket, and I found this dress. It cost me 9 euros. I love it because it reminds me of a tennis sports wear in the 1920:s. However the fabric says to me that it probably was made in the 1970:s, maybe in the same time era when the 1920:s was back in fashion again because of the old The Great Gatsby movie that was produced in 1974. 





Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar